411 Sunset Drive | Manning, SC 29102
taxes & incentives
South Carolina’s highest level of incentives
VP and General Manager
Clarendon County offers South Carolina’s highest level of incentives to new or existing companies. These include performance-based tax credits and investment incentives that help your company maximize profits.
The Clarendon County Development Board can give you a detailed incentive summary for your project once you provide the following information:
- Projected land and building costs for the project.
- Projected new machinery and equipment costs for the project.
- New jobs to be created and the average wage rates for those workers.
LOW COST OF DOING BUSINESS
South Carolina maintains a very pro-business tax and regulatory environment that lowers costs for companies.
- 5 percent corporate income tax rate—the lowest in the Southeast. Companies engaged in multi-state activities will pay taxes only on the income derived from business activity conducted in South Carolina.
- Affordable workers’ compensation and unemployment insurance costs.
- Little to no union activity—Clarendon County’s unionization rate in 2015 was 0.0 percent.
For more information on specific tax credits and other incentives, please use the following links: